If you’re thinking of becoming a volunteer, enjoy meeting people and can spare an hour or more a week then we would love to hear from you.
Hambleton Community Action have numerous volunteer opportunities available.
All our volunteers are offered training and support in their roles, and travel expenses are reimbursed.
Volunteering can be flexible,depending on your interest, time and skills.
Hambleton Community Action are seeking volunteers for the following roles :
- Our volunteer drivers use their own vehicles to provide lifts for people who are unable to access public transport. Destinations include health appointments, shopping trips and other essential journeys.
- Community Visiting volunteers support people who feel socially isolated by visiting them in their own homes. Visiting times are flexible.
- Carers Respite Sitting volunteers give carers a break by sitting with the person being cared for. Volunteers usually visit once a week, at a time convenient for the carer and volunteer, for 2-3 hours.
- Our office volunteers are offered a variety of tasks to suit their interests. Some enjoy reception duties, others choose to answer the telephone, photocopy, type letters or undertake fundraising activities.
- Busy Buddies is our new ‘supported volunteering’ project, helping people with low-level support needs to volunteer. Get in touch if you need support to volunteer or, if you fancy offering your support as a ‘buddy’ volunteer accompanying someone.
- Trustee Board Members with experience of fundraising.
Please take a look at the volunteer opportunities listed to the left. For further details, please email email@example.com, call 01609 780458 or pop in to Community House, South Parade, Northallerton.
For opportunities outside of our charity, we encourage local charities and community groups to advertise their volunteer roles on the national volunteering database Do-it.org where you can find further information on a vast number of other volunteering opportunities in the Hambleton area.