About this scheme
Wheels 2 Work is a not for profit moped loan scheme, that helps people get to work, apprenticeships, or training, where no other form of transport is available.
Eligible candidates receive a moped after they have completed the compulsory basic training (CBT).
“My moped made it possible for me to get a good, long-term job. Everyone was so helpful, supportive and easy to talk to.”
To be eligible for the scheme you must:
- Live in North Yorkshire
- Be 16 or over
- Require transport to travel to work apprenticeships or training
- Have a daily journey that is a practical distance for a moped
- Have no other suitable from of transport
- Have a provisional licence
During the loan period candidates are encouraged to save up for their own transport to maintain access to the workplace.
How much will it cost?
Riders are required to make a weekly contribution starting at £20.00. For this sum, candidates are provided with:
- A Moped
- Full safety equipment including helmet, motorcycle jacket and trousers, gloves, reflective jacket
- Fully comprehensive insurance
- Road tax
- Full moped servicing
Safety equipment, insurance, and moped servicing is provided by Hambleton Community Action.
If you want to find out more about this scheme, and you live in Craven, Hambleton, Harrogate or Richmondshire, please email email@example.com, call 01609 780458 Ext. 208 , or if you wish to apply for this scheme you can Apply Online.
If you live in Ryedale, Selby or Scarborough please visit :